This year, we will be collecting non -perishable food items and supplies for The Greater Boston Food Bank leading up to Thanksgiving! Every Friday in November until Thanksgiving, if you bring in a donation, we’ll give you a complimentary DBco branded glassware (1 per person). So, everyone do your part to make this year’s Thanksgiving the best yet!
Here’s a few items on their list to donate:
MOST DESIRED NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS:
- Protein: Tuna fish, chicken, salmon, beans, peanut butter, low-sodium soups & stews, nuts
- Vegetables: Low-sodium vegetables, tomato products, spaghetti sauce
- Fruit: Dried fruit, applesauce, any canned fruit in its own juice
- Whole Grains: Crackers, oatmeal, whole grain rice, pasta, low sugar/high fiber cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, etc.)
- Dairy: Dried, evaporated, and boxed shelf stable milk
- We accept all non-perishable (not frozen or refrigerated), sealed, unexpired food.
- We also accept unopened toiletries (shampoo, soap, shaving cream, etc.) – these should be kept separate from any food donations.
- We prefer non-glass containers for the safety of our volunteers.
- We cannot accept baby food or pet food from a food drive.